The NameProfiler server software suite is being developed with Java 6. Key data:
- Standalone: It's a "standalone" application (J2SE) with integrated web server to allow access by web service (Jetty).
- Spring-based: cutting edge technology with Spring 3 as the base. For dependency injection and AOP. Mostly annotation-based.
- Data: Hibernate as ORM for data loading.
- Cache: ehcache as a flexible, scalable caching solution that is also externally configurable.
- Maven: maven multi-module project for abstraction and dependency management.
There are 3 ways to access the functionality:
Connect to the web services from NameProfiler.
- For all programming languages: traditional web services.
- Only for Java-Apps: using the Java client library provided by NameProfiler. It connects by web service or Java RMI at your choice.
- In-house server: install and run the server software on a machine in your company. The way of connecting is the same: web services and RMI.
- Use Java classes directly in other software by integrating the JARs. This is only possible for a small amount of the functionality since most features are implemented by services with dependencies.